Animal Care Hospital of Phoenix features some of the most advanced veterinary diagnostic technologies in the greater Phoenix area.
Our Advanced Diagnostics Facilities Include:
- Laboratory — We have an in-house laboratory in which we can perform many blood tests within minutes. In the event of an emergency, this can give us the necessary information on how to proceed with treatment. Major blood exams are sent to Antech Laboratory which is a national veterinary laboratory.
- ECG (electrocardiogram) — Used for diagnosing abnormal heartbeats and can be a screen for heart enlargement. Our ECG is performed using a computer and yields a very rapid diagnosis.
- Advanced Imaging — We have access to mobile (will come to our practice) experts in the field of ultrasonography (ultrasound) and echocardiography (ultrasound of the interior of the heart)
- Oncology (Cancer) Treatment for Dogs and Cats
- Digital Radiology (X-ray) — These use electromagnetic radiation directed towards the body to highlight objects within. These popular tests can detect a number of abnormalities including skeletal fractures, soft tissue damage, foreign bodies, and dental disease. Radiography remains one of the most popular and accurate non-invasive diagnostic tools in the veterinary industry.
Diagnostic Laboratory Services
While our pets can’t tell us when something is wrong, we can use scientific testing and veterinary experience to discover underlying diseases and disorders. As one of Phoenix’s diagnostic leaders, Animal Care Hospital of Phoenix’s in-house laboratory features advanced analytic equipment used to examine and test tissue samples. This technology pinpoints the problem and allows the proper treatment to commence.
Blood work is a particularly useful tool that can tell us valuable information about your pet’s red blood cells, immune system, digestive tract, circulatory system, and internal organ function. This simple, inexpensive test can reveal evidence of disease before symptoms appear. Catching the disease early dramatically improves treatment efficacy and improves quality of life.
During veterinary emergencies, blood testing can mean the difference between life and death, directing our veterinarians towards the best treatment when time is of the essence.
The Animal Care Hospital of Phoenix laboratory features state-of-the-art CBC, electrolyte analyzers, and blood chemistry equipment.
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Red blood cells — anemia, bone marrow activity
- White blood cells — inflammation, infection, bloodborne diseases like leukemia
- Platelets — low blood platelets can cause bleeding disorders
- Imbalances resulting from dehydration, kidney disease, vomiting and diarrhea, and other metabolic and hormonal diseases
- Tests liver and kidney function
- Blood sugar — diabetes mellitus can cause high blood sugar. Severe infections, liver disease, and malnutrition can cause low blood sugar
- Blood proteins — dehydration causes proteins to increase. Liver, kidney, and gastrointestinal tract disease can cause them to decrease
- Analyzes calcium, potassium, sodium, cholesterol, and other blood components
Veterinary diagnostic imaging creates composites of the internal body used to discover disease or injury. Digital imaging is much easier to evaluate and is similar to digital photography. We can manipulate the image to improve our diagnostic ability. Radiographs, or x-rays, use electromagnetic radiation directed towards the body to highlight objects within. These popular tests can detect a number of abnormalities including skeletal fractures, soft tissue damage, foreign bodies, and dental disease.
Learn More About Our Veterinary Diagnostics Services
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or want to schedule an appointment for your pet. Call us today at 602.955.575