Animal Care Hospital features some of the most advanced veterinary diagnostic technology in the Phoenix and greater Arizona area. Our internal medicine facilities include:
- Laboratory. We have an in house laboratory in which we can perform many blood tests within minutes. In the event of an emergency this can give us the necessary information on how to proceed with treatment. Major blood exams are sent to Antech Laboratory which is a national veterinary laboratory.
- ECG (electrocardiogram) Used for diagnosing abnormal heart beats and can be a screen for heart enlargement. Our ECG is performed using a computer and yields a very rapid diagnosis.
- Advanced imaging. We have access to mobile (will come to our practice) experts in the field of ultrasonography (ultrasound) and echocardiography (ultrasound of the interior of the heart)
- Oncology (cancer) treatment.
- Digital Radiology (x-ray) These use electromagnetic radiation directed towards the body to highlight objects within. These popular tests can detect a number of abnormalities including skeletal fractures, soft tissue damage, foreign bodies and dental disease. Radiography remains one of the most popular and accurate non-invasive diagnostic tools in the veterinary industry.