In light of this period of uncertainty with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we understand that there may be concerns about interactions with the public. We have implemented the recommended social distancing measures in the workplace as instructed by the CDC. Furthermore, the following statement is provided from the CDC:
“While this virus seems to have emerged from an animal source, it is now spreading from person-to-person. There is no reason to think that any animals including pets might be a source of infection with this new coronavirus. To date, CDC has not received any reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19. At this time, there is no evidence that companion animals including pets can spread COVID-19.
We here at Animal Care Hospital of Phoenix are committed to assuring that your pets continue to have access to the quality medical care we proudly provide. Likewise, we are similarly committed to following recommended CDC guidelines to reduce transmission of COVID19. In so doing, we will optimize our ability to be there for you and your pets when you need us. Please join us in this effort by cooperating with our published and posted policies and procedures designed to see us successfully through this unprecedented pandemic. We will keep you updated on any changes we may make and any new developments that affect our ability to serve your needs.
In an abundance of caution, to ensure the safety of our clients and staff alike, we will be transitioning to curbside appointments effective Thursday, March 19th. Our intent is to minimize the exposure of our team members so that we can remain healthy and able to meet the needs of you and your pets in the weeks ahead. We are exercising meticulous compliance with CDC disinfection protocols. And we are practicing social distancing both within and outside our workplace for the safety of ourselves and our clients.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
- We ask that all clients arriving for scheduled appointments alert us of your arrival by phone and wait in your cars until the doctor is ready to see your pet. We will send a staff member to escort your pet inside.
- Exams will typically be conducted in an exam room while you wait outside. We will then communicate with you by phone or at your vehicle to discuss recommendations.
- We have 2 separate outdoor, enclosed spaces in which to perform exams in the presence of family members. You may also use this option if you are caring for children that cannot be unattended. This is a secure option for dogs but not cats.
- If you are sick yourself or have had any contact with anyone in the previous 14 days who has exhibited symptoms or has travelled outside of the state, we ask that you find a responsible party that will transport your pet for you. We will then be in touch with you directly to discuss your pet’s needs.
- Checkout can be completed in your vehicle or by phone.
- Please keep a safe distance (CDC recommends 6 feet) from staff members when possible.
- Whether we are communicating with you in person or by phone, we will strive to be as thorough, clear and comprehensive as you have always known us to be.
- Exam reports, diagnostic results and treatment recommendations can be sent to you by email upon your request.
- Curbside Service!! All medications and foods will be delivered to you in your vehicle by a staff member. Please arrange payment in advance and by phone if possible, in order to minimize your wait time.
Again, our main priority is to ensure the safety of our clients, staff, and community. As a staple within our community, we stand by our commitment to provide the same top tier level of care that you have come to expect when visiting our Hospital.
Please call the hospital directly at 480-887-4791 if you have any questions or concerns.
We thank you for your continued support and patience as we work to prevent the spread of COVID-19.